Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crazy

Well I hadn't been to a museum in a very long time but I must say I didn't dislike it.

I enjoyed the visit and it was just crazy to read some of the things I was reading. I wrote down some of the things that most surprised me.

80% of forest gone
-Seeing that just made we realize that most of the forests are gone, just like how Al Gore said.

Islands coverage 1.7% of the earths surface.

-Even though its not a big crazy percentage, it still there and is a part of our world.

Dzanga-Sangha rainforest getting ruin, extract diamonds.

-This just reminded me of the movie "Blood Diamond."

20% of the worlds population living in wealthier, developed countries do more ecological harm then the entire remaining 80% of the earth's people.
-This really shocked me even though I knew we did damaged. It didn't really hit me BC I just kept telling myself that's impossible with all the technology we have and we are still doing so much damage.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum
-I love this quote BC I find it to be very true. It has so many meanings to it but one thing is that we need to act fast.

Madagascar forest have declined. Between 1950 and 1985 half of the eastern rainforest alone was lost.****

-When I read this I knew what I wanted to do for my project. I couldn't believe it.

Cut BC they want to clear for agriculture nd settlement nd wood.
-We harm the environment in every way possible.

Each tree has its own story. With the width etc

-Everything has a story.

Our thumb is a little bit longer than a monkeys.
-Just a fun fact.

I enjoyed myself very much & figured out what to do for my project (Madagascar forest!!!)

5 comments:

Doctor X said...

Great! You fulfilled the objectives of the trip (and some fun in the process).

DarkSkyLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abc123 said...

We are suppose to be on the top of the list for being a wealthy country and we produce more than 25% of the worlds waste. With all the stupid things we invest in, we need to invest in making this country weathly again, take back our position in technology, and apply that to ecology

DarkSkyLady said...

I wanted to revise my post but didn't know how. Perhaps, since you enjoyed the trip to the museum so much you can look into doing your research paper on something you saw there. The LaGuardia library site has a good amount of resources that would help.

Debbie said...

i think you are right about we spend more money and harming our environment instead of saving it and i think its a great thing that u enjoy the museum the second time instead