Monday, October 27, 2008

Depends...

As I was looking through the websites to see what "dumpster diving" was, I thought to myself isn't that what homeless people do?! What comes to mind are those who pick up cans/bottles and food in the garbage.

Looking through
garbage for things that are in a good state and taking it in for our own personal enjoyment. I can understand picking up a piece of furniture that has a few things wrong/damaged. You can always fix it up and polish it. I know my parents have taken in a few things that they thought was in a good shape, most of the furniture they got just had a few roughed up sides, nothing big. A typical American seems to throw out furniture that have nothing wrong with them because they get something newer. It's all about what is "in" and cooler.

This is a piece of furniture my parents got.

They just had a few roughed up sides, very tiny.

The one thing I would not pick up from the garbage would be food. Even if it looks good, I would much rather buy my own food. I wouldn't want anything to happen to me. Furniture is okay because you're not eating it but with food you are.

3 comments:

Doctor X said...

Nice piece of furniture. Good of your parents to save it.

Anonymous said...

ha ha yeah man!! i never can see myself freaking taking food out of a dumpster but i can see my self taking furniture anytime!! wanna know why!?! because i have before!! someone left a pefectly good tiny draw thingy outside and i swiped it for myself! AND someone once left this nifty office chair and now i entertain myself sliding from one side of my room to the other!! yeah im a loser..but good job anyways!! nice post!!

darlenesays said...

My friends mother picks up furniture, re paints,fixes it up and I swear , if you go to her house, it looks like something out of a magazine. All from things people throw out.