Monday, October 13, 2008

Take A Moment And Think

I find it so crazy to think that our temperature is rising to an extreme. If everybody stopped for a moment and started to think about what is really going on they would not be as clam. As far as my thinking, I think that the rising of temperature is the most important thing going on. What is going on has a domino effect, if you think about it. The sea levels going up, animals stop from existing, and we as a whole stop existing.

The picture in Al Gore's book about how certain areas of how sea levels will affect our World shocked me a lot. I could not believe that something like that could happen to our World. If something like that happened there would be a lot of lives lot. An article from NASA explained that since 1993 the sea level has been rising "an average of three millimeters (0.1 inch) per year." They also stated that most of the water came from the melting of ice. These glaciers are homes for many animals also. It's a very scary thought.


Imagine being in a State where half of your population is covered with water because of the sea levels.

I think that if people tried their best to save some energy and not waste it, it would help out a lot. We leave our houses with the power on to mostly everything but they are not being used. It's just being wasted and we get charged for it. I also strongly believe that the government should do a lot to make this crisis a lot better.

I heard today in the news that the Mayor of NYC Michael Bloomberg wants all the NYC Taxis to be Hybrid by 2012. I think it's a great idea. There are tons of taxis in NYC and if they are all Eco-friendly, it will help with pollution and everything.

We all need that extra push to make things happen. If the government starts to really notice what is going on and makes it a must to have hybrid cars, the crisis would be a little better. Fixing the form of transportation would do a lot for our society.

We all have a lot that we would like to accomplish in life so we need to make sure we do something to save our World or else...

Take Care Everyone

2 comments:

Doctor X said...

Not bad; hybrid cars are definitely part of the solution. But what else is there? Your plan needs to be more ambitious if we are to save the planet.

Anonymous said...

hey whats up? yeah man...the hybrid cars idea is a great idea...but i agree with what doctor x said...more ideas is better than 1!!!! but your heading into the right track!! I GOT MY EYE ON YOU...psst psst ( thanks for reminding me about the h.w!!) i appreciate it! lmao